Tarot Card Reading – Today there is a wide variety that you can select from and they are sold through many different stores, online and off. Take your time to shop around and find cards that you really feel drawn to. You will also need a silky fabric in either black or deep purple to wrap your cards in.
Most readers will wrap their cards and store them in a wooden box because they believe the energy of the cards can be corrupted if not properly stored and protected.
I chose to use the “N” pack of cards for illustration here on the site, but they aren’t right for everyone. It is important to purchase the pack that you are naturally attracted or driven to.
Here are some quick guidelines on how you should conduct a tarot card reading with someone else:
1. The querant, or person asking you a question, should be given the cards. They will shuffle them and place them face down in front of you.
2. Look at the last card. That will represent the most pressing issue on their mind at the moment.
3. Have the querant place the cards one by one into three piles. They should keep separating them into the piles until all of the cards have been used.
4. Put the piles together into one and ask your querant to hold the stack in the hand they do not write with.
5. Ask your querant to hold a specific question in his mind while fanning out the cards and selecting them with eyes closed. They should select cards with the hand they do not write with.
6. Every card they select needs to be placed face upward in a sideways position. Pay attention to the placement of cards according to the layout you are using.
7. Hold yourself back from looking up meanings as you do this layout. You will be curious, but you will also break the flow of the reading if you do it on the spot.
8. Don’t correct cards that are drawn from the deck upside down. They will require special interpretation later on.
9. Interpretations of each card on the table can easily be explored here on the site. I will give interpretations right along with the picture on found on each card. Let your querant do all of their drawing before you start the interpretation stage.
10. When explaining the interpretations in tarot card reading make sure you remain unbiased and nonjudgmental. This is extremely important!
When you use tarot as a tool for self enlightenment you will understand yourself on a much deeper level. You will know when the decisions you make and the actions you take are fitting for the wants and needs of your inner self.
Tarot is essentially the language of your soul!